I wrote #whyIhateNOLA for my friends. But more people than I expected read my little April Fools’ joke. I appreciate the outpouring of support and hatred from both locals and visitors. Thank you for all the feedback. It’s been a week since publication, so I decided to round up some of the most memorable commentary made on here, Facebook, and Twitter. Enjoy.
• i liken new orleans to an old comfy couch… once you sit down, you wont wanna get up…
• wtf? fasting growing city in the nation? this man must be frequenting the all night bars and smoking good weed.
• I’d introduce you to my niece but you would probably hate her too.
• If hate could be bottled it would be bottled in NOLA!
• F*** you ya little piece of c*** licking, ass**** sucking, c** juggling down your throat p****!!
• I’m confused. But it’s clever.
• Hate your title and refuse to read
• I couldn’t read it. The headline offended me.
• You’re a Nola cutie
• Now I can understand your life there, in the sub-tropics
• do you know what it means… to hate new orleans?
• Typical NOLA masochist.
• When he dies, he will be reincarnated @ least 4 times in…
• I hate he has a Tulane degree and hate was the best pun he could come up with to be witty. I hate that this dumb ass article will be popular.
• Proud of what? What does New Orleans has that is so much better then California?
• “it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio.” ― Lafcadio Hearn
• And don’t forget to read the comments left afterwards.
I LOVED your article! it makes me want to visit NOLA more than I already did!! I found it clever and witty!! Haters are mad they secretly love you…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha, thanks Marlene! Come down and visit sometime.